unknown author, 3rd quarter of the 17th century
oil on canvas (in 1909 cleaned and duplicated by A. Fahlberg)
dimensions: 218 x 168 cm
Origin: Löbenicht; from 1830 in Malbork (Great Commandery at the Middle Castle)
One of the five life-size portraits of Prussian princes originally decorating the seat of the Königsberg brewers’ guild. No iconographic message. The existence of the portrait is confirmed only by a brief mention by Bernhard Schmid from 1927. In 1830 it was handed over to the Malbork Castle, where, after restoration in 1909, until the Second World War, was stored in the premises of the Grand Commandery in the Middle Castle.
(compiled by E. Witkowicz-Pałka)